Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Sleep...Sleep...And More Sleep...
In my crazy life I tend to sacrifice my sleep schedule to accomplish my to do lists. Which, never seems to work in my favor. I know how important that it is to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night, but as I write this I realize I need to go to sleep now in order to fall in that recommended amount of sleep. There are so many benefits that come with more sleep, things like: better mood, brain function, memory, learning, etc. Even though I do not always get the recommended amount of sleep at night, I always find a way to make up for it through naps. A twenty to thirty minute nap can improve one's day significantly. Naps can improve alertness and performance all without really causing possible problems in a nighttime sleep schedule. So even though my nighttime sleep schedule is not ideal for the best personal performance during the day, at least I try and make up for it through naps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I understand and admire your dedication to your work. But it is very important to get your sleep rather than staying up and trying to accomplish work. I know that when it gets late and I get tired, I do not accomplish and quality work. I believe that going to sleep when you are tired and waking up just a little bit earlier to do work is much healthier. I really enjoyed learning about the benefits of taking naps throughout the day. That is one thing I need to incorporate into my day! Thank you for sharing quality information on sleep! I really enjoyed reading it!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am also always trying to work on checking items off of my to do list rather than getting an adequate amount of sleep. There is just never enough time in the day to get everything done. But I do realize the quality of work I do complete when I should be sleeping is very poor. I retain hardly any information when studying and my written assignments seem rushed and poorly written. I know when I get enough sleep I feel refreshed and ready to take on a new day. It goes to show you just how important enough sleep is on a day to day basis!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more. I always try to get 8 1/2 hours of sleep a night. If I don't get my sleep, I definitely can feel it the next day. I have a bed time and wake time that I try to stick to as much as I can. My body starts to feel tired around my bed time, and automatically wakes up around my wake time no matter what time I go to bed. I am a fan of naps as well, but they are always at least an hour. I am going to try to take shorter naps and see how I feel!
ReplyDeleteThere never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything that I need to do done. I am pretty sure that the majority of college students feel the same way. I know that I am lucky if I get a total of 6 hours of sleep per night. I know that this is not the best habit to fall into but I feel like there is not enough time in the day to get everything done and still get 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Maybe I should try to make time for a nap or two during the course of my day if I can not manage to get enough sleep throughout the night. Hopefully this small change will improve my functioning throughout the day. Thank you for the great information!
ReplyDeleteit is very important to get sleep, especially the recommended amount. I believe that going to sleep is better than staying up and working on something because the quality of my work will be sacrificed because how how tired I am. I agree that a 20-30 minute nap is good and will help you to get through the day. . . but what about those who take naps that are a couple hours long. Studies have shown that they have reverse effects on the body.
ReplyDeleteI think that a lot of people do not realize the importance of sleep and/or naps and how it will improve body and brain functions. Most people these days want to get things done fast and do not realize what they are actually doing is hurting themselves and not getting proper rest. With proper rest you will get things done faster and more efficient and have a clear mind to do so. Overall nicely said!
ReplyDeleteYou are completely right. I also tend to put off sleeping too in order to get things accomplished and it's a terrible habit. Everyone's body is different when it comes to how much sleep we need and I think I'm a person that needs 8-9 hours of sleep a night. This makes it hard for me to get the amount of sleep I need. I make up for my lost sleep with naps, but mine are about 2-3 hours not 30 minutes.
ReplyDeleteI definitely understand this issue, I myself put off sleeping in order to get things done. Everyone needs a different amount of sleep to function, but fatigue shows itself in everyone. Getting short naps in is great to add to those lost hours of sleep!
ReplyDeleteI tend to get between 6-7 hours of sleep during the week. I usually do not feel tired throughout the day because I’m pretty busy and I do not have time to think about it. The reason why I do not get 7-9 hours of sleep is because I usually stay up until 2 or 3 A.M. I usually finish my day after dinner around 6, and I finish my work by 9:30, but I spend the rest of the time relaxing. I know I could sleep at this time, but I do not feel tired and I enjoy staying up later.
ReplyDelete